InvestorQ : How were the Coal India numbers for the Dec-21 quarter?
Dawn Cherian made post

How were the Coal India numbers for the Dec-21 quarter?

Answer
image
Mitali Bhutta answered.
3 months ago
Follow

It was a buoyant quarter for Coal India in the Dec-21 quarter, helped along the way by robust coal prices and steeply higher coal demand. Coal India reported 48% higher net profits at Rs.4,558 crore for the Dec-21 quarter. If you look at the top line revenue from operations, it rose 20% to Rs.28,434 crore on a consolidated yoy basis. Coal India Ltd has also declared an interim dividend of Rs.5 per share or 50% to shareholders.

While the output of coal was higher, the offtake was much better on account of better demand in the third quarter. Raw coal output in the Dec-21 quarter was up 4.5% at 163.82 MT. The offtake of raw coal was sharply higher by 12.5% at 173.77 MT. In the current context, Coal India accounts for nearly 80% of the total domestic coal output, with remaining 20% coming from captive mines and Telangana based Singareni Collieries Ltd.

13 Views