InvestorQ : Is Birla AMC also planning to list its mutual funds business?
Deepa Salunkhe made post

Is Birla AMC also planning to list its mutual funds business?

Answer
image
Arya Nanda answered.
1 month ago
Follow

Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC may be the fourth AMC to list on the Indian stock exchanges after Nippon AMC, HDFC AMC and UTI AMC. Apart from these, even SBI MF is looking at a possible monetization of its mutual funds business. Aditya Birla AMC is India’s fourth largest mutual fund after SBI MF, HDFC MF and Pru ICICI AMC. Currently, Aditya Birla Capital holds 51% in the AMC with Sun Life Canada holding the remaining 49%.

Unlike the big-3 in the mutual funds business, Aditya Birla does not have the advantage of a bancassurance model and hence cannot leverage the kind of massive bank network that the likes of SBI, HDFC and ICICI are able to leverage. The AMC has delivered annual profit growth of 26% over the last 10 years. Its AUM stands at Rs.255,000 crore.

8 Views